1. Always have sunscreen handy. That super pale white skin will burn to a crisp in a second.
2. BB creams are not ideal for heat. Unless you like your makeup sliding off your face. Same goes for non-waterproof mascara.
3. Have bug spray on hand. Once that sun starts to go down, the evil Mosquitos come out. Evening BBQs or just hanging out in the backyard, beware!
4. Transition clothes. The weather here is terribly unpredictable. Your best bet is to always have a jacket and umbrella stored in your car. And a bathing suit.
5. Fans. I have 4 in my house. Thank goodness because I'd be a puddle on the floor since no houses around here have AC.
6. Blackout shades. The sun stays out late and comes back out early. Unless you're a night owl and an early riser, it's best you invest in these. Especially if you have kids.
7. Friends with pools. Or backyards. I don't have either, but I have multiple friends that do. Let's just say I visit them a lot. And obviously they are good company because they put up with me.
9. An agenda. One of the best things about living up here is the multitude of festivals and things to do. Literally there is something going on every weekend. And I've made it a habit to always seek out fun things to do on the cheap - there's never a reason to say "I'm bored".
All that being said, I leave you with some fun pics from me weekend at the Taste of Tacoma, pool time, and Tacoma Art Museum.