Sunday, October 30, 2011
So far I started my weekend off right...by baking until 10:30 at night on Friday. I decided that Blue Moon cupcakes were not enough for my friend's birthday potluck, so I made a batch of brownies that I cut with Halloween themed cookie cutters, and also roasted pumpkin seeds. Riley and I woke up and carved our pumpkins this morning, and I finished decorating the front porch with lights and spiderwebs. It was a pretty productive 24 hours. I figured this was the last hoorah before Halloween was over and I get crazy with the spirit of Thanksgiving and Christmas! I hope everyone has a safe and fun Halloween!
Thursday, October 27, 2011
So a couple weeks ago a friend of mine threw a Halloween party at her house. We collected all sorts of cute ideas from blogs and pinterest and found the majority of our cute stuff at our favorite spot - Target. The party turned out super cute and the food was amazing!
- Me posting this at the end of Thursday, but at least it's still Thursday, right??
- Out on the job and an unexpected visitor arrives. Ahem....the female kind that is. And I'm not prepared.
- All the adults dressed up all cool in their costumes at Farmers Market tonight, except me. The one who usually dresses up for any opportunity. Lame :(
- wearing a sorta see through shirt under my sweater to class yesterday...then having to take off my sweater and try on a muslin shirt to create my bodice pattern...should've worn something else apparently because I felt almost naked.
- Got my new glasses today! Woohoo!
- Taking Riley trick-or-treating at our Farmer's Market. And the stores STILL had candy when we went! (Unlike last year)
- Trader Joe's Pumpkin Ice Cream. YUM!
- Halloween TV specials....then next, CHRISTMAS SPECIALS!!!
- This awesome chilly but not too chilly weather we've been having. It's a rotation of 65 and 70 over here.
- Drinking more tea. Instead of coffee and soda.
Wednesday, October 26, 2011
Since I am patiently (ha!) waiting to go into my next copy job, I decided to play around with the features on my Vignette camera app. They have all the filters of vintage cameras and you can even select "random" to use different filters without going back to change each one. I took these ones on random and they came out pretty cool!
Tuesday, October 25, 2011
Five days just wasn't enough - so we jammed as much as possible into all those days leaving us totally exhausted by the end of the day. We went to Animal Kingdom, Epcot, and Magic Kingdom. The last one was THE best of course. And I definitely believe in fairytales and wishes.
I started Christmas shopping while I was there, woohoo! I am totally buying all gifts by the end of November so I can bask in all the Christmasy glory in December.
I can't believe October is almost over! It seriously flew by. But I am totally stoked because my two favorite holidays are just around the corner!
Thursday, October 20, 2011
Wednesday, October 19, 2011
Tuesday, October 18, 2011
Here in the Cogan household we are all very excited for tomorrow. Because tomorrow afternoon we hop on a plane to Florida and get to spend THREE DAYS at Disneyworld! You wouldn't even believe my excitement when my dad told me to take time off work to go. Riley has been talking about it nonstop. She can't wait for the dumbo ride and to see the princess castle. I told her it's wayyyy bigger and better than Disneyland. She still has no idea. But she doesn't correct me everytime I call it "Disneyland" - she's say "No mom, it's DisneyWORLD". Needless to say, this will be my vacation. I've taken little trips here and there for concerts, to see my boyfriend, and to promote my fashion collection, but this is the real deal. I can't wait to go and take tons of pictures!