Header

Sunday, March 4, 2012

An Eventful Weekend

 


So I would say that it has been a pretty eventful weekend. I started it off by visiting my friend Anna's new food truck business over by Cal Poly at just after 11 pm. The food was amazing! I was so excited for her. On Friday I got a last minute invitation to attend the Madonna Inn Fashion Show, which is quite a big deal around here- tickets sell for $130 a pop! I got all dolled up in my Betsey Johnson dress, some berry colored lipstick and of course, pearls. The show was awesome, I laughed at the funny musical skits, admired the clothes, and ate delicious food. I even ran into one of my favorite high school teachers there! On Saturday I got up bright and early so Riley and I could meet our friends for breakfast and walk around downtown. After Riley's nap we spent about an hour at the beach. Sunday we spent four hours at the beach in the glorious heat that we have been waiting for, then I put Riley down for her nap and continued soaking up the sun in my backyard on a lounge chair. I definitely have the best spot up there on our little part of the "hill". I can see the entire city from there! I had stopped at Trader Joe's and picked up some chicken hot dogs and honey wheat buns, my brother fired up the grill and they made for a delicious lunch topped with the hot and sweet mustard sauce I had also gotten from there!

When Riley got up we went downtown for some ice cream, bookstore browsing, and a little window shopping. We wore our Toms together and took cutesy pictures. The last thing I did this weekend was try two new hairstyles. The waterfall braid is pretty hard, but I did get one side down! Now I'm on the the more retro looking way to curl my hair without heat. Let's see how that one goes.


Hope you had a fabulous weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment